Donations will be made through December 31
Pics for a Cause – Share Your Experience on our Be Uncommon Sculpture
- Join us in Pics for a Cause!
- The Geneva Commons “Be Uncommon” sculpture, created by Matthew Hoffman, is designed with the goal to empower and encourage individuals to be more accepting and embrace the uncommon.
- Standing 8 feet tall, the new sculpture is designed in the artist’s signature cursive style and is meant to encourage the community to embrace inclusivity.
- “For me, nothing is more important than public art,” Hoffman said. “Anyone can come across it, and it can stop them in their tracks, and completely change their mindset. It’s my life’s work. I can’t wait to see people interacting with this piece, kids playing on it, people posing, or just sharing a conversation with each other while sitting on it. It’s made for the community, and I hope it acts as a catalyst for connection.”
- As part of the unveiling of our “Be Uncommon” sculpture, we’re inviting Geneva Commons shoppers to help us support Rising Lights Project’s mission to increase awareness, education, and create new opportunities to keep those with disabilities engaged and connected.
- “Rising Lights Project is proud to partner with Geneva Commons to further educate and impact the need of disability inclusivity in the Tri-Cities area,” Jaimie Valentini, founder of Rising Lights Project, said in a statement. “We are hopeful that this partnership will open opportunities for those impacted by disability and that our communities will embrace, empower, accept and see the beauty in the uncommon.”
- How can you help and participate in Pics for a Cause?
- Geneva Commons will donate $2 to Rising Lights Project for every photo taken with the “Be Uncommon” sculpture that is posted to social media tagging the hashtag #BeUncommonGeneva and tagging our page @GenevaCommons on Facebook and Instagram.